Messy Mondays: Seal-abrate!

Welcome to another Messy Monday! Today's card is one I made to celebrate a friend's graduation - she loves seals, so I thought this pun and image would be perfect together. 

I started out with an white A2 side folding card base. Unlike most of my cards, I decided to stamp directly onto the card front this time, instead of using an additional layer. In order to make the background, I stamped out my greeting first, using my MISTI, to make sure that it was straight and centered. I used the letter set Violet's ABC from Lawn Fawn to create this custom greeting.

Next, I used the diploma stamp from the Lawn Fawn Smart Cookie stamp set, and stamped it in various colors all over the card front to create this background. I used a light grey ink near the greeting and middle of the card, as I did not want it to distract from the sentiment and main image. After the background was finished, I stamped the graduation hat from the same set, and a seal from Lawn Fawn Critter in the Snow. I colored these both in using copics (hat: N4, N6, N8; seal: W1, W3, W5) and then fussy cut them out.

For my finishing touches, I adhered the hat onto the seal, and then foam taped this onto the card front. I added a couple sticker gems, and this card is finished!

Hope you enjoyed. I'll be submitting this to the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge #3.
Happy Crafting!

theartofnails

Create from the heart. Never stop smiling. Craftaholics unite.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading :) Feel free to ask any questions or send encouragement!