Messy Mondays: Clear Window Shaker

Welcome to the first Messy Monday blog post of 2017! I took the last 2 weeks off because I was recovering from a bad case of the flu, but I'm back now (mostly recovered) with a clean and simple card to start off the new year.

For this card, I started with a white A2 side folding card base. First, I used my Lawn Fawn Stitched Rectangle die to cut out a window near the top half of my card. Next, I cut a similar sized rectangle from photo sleeves to make my shaker window. I used my WRMK fuse tool to close off 3 of the sides, and then filled this shaker window with different purple colored sequins before sealing off the last side. I adhered this shaker window with strong double sided adhesive onto my card.

For a cute and simple image to add on top of my shaker window, I chose the cute bear holding a birthday cake from MFT Beary Special Birthday set. I stamped it and colored it in using my Copic markers (G94, G99 for the matcha flavored cake, and various browns for the bear) and added some sparkly Stickles for the icing. I cut the bottom half of the image off so it would fit nicely in my window, and then adhered it on. To finish off this card, I chose a greeting from the same stamp set and stamped it onto the bottom right corner of the window.

Hope you enjoyed!
Happy Crafting. 


theartofnails

Create from the heart. Never stop smiling. Craftaholics unite.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading :) Feel free to ask any questions or send encouragement!