Sparkling Saturdays: Christmas Card Series 2016 - Day 4

Welcome to another Sparkling Saturday!  Today I will be sharing card 4/12 in my Christmas Card Series. This card is mostly made with my Cricut (for those who have one and need some ideas on how to use it), but you can make this with similar dies or stamps that you fussy cut out. 

First, I used my ruler to figure out how big I wanted my image to be and then adjusted the size on my Cricut. I used my Winter Frolic Cartridge for this particular image and chose to also cut out the shadow, "cocoa", the steam coming out from the cocoa, and a greeting as well. It took a few trial and errors, but after I figured out the right dimensions, this card was easy to mass produce as well.

After cutting out all my parts and adhering them together using my quickie glue pen, I adhered this focal image onto a  piece of silver glitter cardstock. Following this, I matted it onto a similar cocoa colored pattered paper and adhered it down onto a top folding A2 cream colored card base.

For my finishing touches, I added a strip of red chevron ribbon, and tied a bow using a blue sash ribbon. I stamped on an additional greeting and added some silver Stickles onto my word 'Cheer' and this card was finished!

Hope you enjoyed. I will be entering this into SSS Wednesday Challenge: Christmas to Die for.
Happy Crafting! 

theartofnails

Create from the heart. Never stop smiling. Craftaholics unite.

1 comment:

  1. Way to rock the Cricut machine! I love the glitter in this--so festive and inviting! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Christmas to Die For” Challenge! Beautiful colors and design. Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading :) Feel free to ask any questions or send encouragement!