Messy Mondays: Christmas Card Series 2016 - Day 1


Welcome to another Messy Monday! I'm so glad you could join me today in my first Christmas card of the season! There will be a total of 12 cards that I will be sharing with you this season, so I hope you'll stay tuned.

For my first card, I will be sharing with you a clean and simple design that was super easy to reproduce. I cut out a stack of white card fronts beforehand to expedite the process. First, I used this cute deer and snowball stack from Lawn Fawn Toboggan Together stamp set and stamped it on my white card panels. You can either use your MISTI to make this process go faster, or stamp it by hand as the exact placement of this doesn't matter too much for this card.

Next, I took a post it note to mask my snowballs and deer so I could lightly blend on some Tumbled Glass distress ink for my background. After all this was done, I used my Marvy Snow Marker to draw on the snow. I love how this puffs up when it gets heated up! So much fun. I may be addicted to this. Bear with me if you see this used a lot in future cards.

For my sentiment, I used SSS Lipstick Red to stamp it on. It's the perfect cheery red color for Christmas! I colored in all my reindeers with Copic markers, and used a white gel pen for my snowballs. For some extra sparkle, I used my clear Wink of Stella and brushed it all over my background. Finally, I adhered all of these card fronts onto red top folding card bases and these cute cards were done!

I hope you enjoyed Day 1 of my Christmas series. I'll be entering this into the Lawnscaping Challenge.

Happy Crafting.

theartofnails

Create from the heart. Never stop smiling. Craftaholics unite.

1 comment:

Thanks for reading :) Feel free to ask any questions or send encouragement!