Sparkling Saturdays: Watercolor Constellations

Welcome to another Sparkling Saturday! I am so blessed to be living in a city that has gorgeous scenary and amazing sights. This week the Perseid meteor showers were on full display and they were spectacular. Today's card is one I made for one of my best friend's engagement, inspired by constellations and the scenic date that started it all. 

First, I used a piece of Arches Cold Press watercolor paper to stamp on the Constellation Background stamp from Hero Arts using VersaMark ink. Next, I used Simon Says Stamp white embossing powder to heat set it. After this was done, I pulled out my Gansai Tambi watercolors and used the different blues in the set to paint my sky background. I used my heat gun to dry each layer before added more color on, to give the look of dimension. After all the layers were done, I used my Finetec Metallic watercolors to add sparkle and shimmer into the night sky. The picture doesn't do it justice but you can still see the amazing shimmer these watercolors add. 

For my finishes touches, I backed this with kraft foam and then matted this panel down onto a black piece of cardstock. Next, I embossed a sentiment and foam mounted it onto the panel as well. After adhering this to an A2 white card base, I added some silver jewel stickers and the card was finished. 

Hope you enjoyed!
Happy Crafting. 

theartofnails

Create from the heart. Never stop smiling. Craftaholics unite.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading :) Feel free to ask any questions or send encouragement!