Sparkling Saturdays: Make a Wish


Welcome to another Sparkling Saturday! Cupcakes, balloons, and confetti are, to me, some of the key ingredients of a great party. For this celebration card, I wanted to capture all these elements in a fun and whimsical way.

I started out with a piece of white cardstock that was cut a little smaller than an A2 card front. Next, I used the Sentimental Borders stamps from Mama Elephant to stamp on a subtle text background using light grey ink. For my sentiment, I stamped on a greeting from Make a Wish stamp set from Mama Elephant as well. Following this, I used 2 stitched rectangles from Lawn Fawn stitched rectangle sets to emboss the shapes/stitched lines for added dimension.

For my images, I stamped, copic colored, and fussy/die cut out a cupcake, balloon, and a sheep from various Mama Elephant stamp sets (Carnival Cupcakes & Up and Away). I adhered the cupcake and balloon onto the card front and used foam squares to adhere the sheep. Next, I used a circle die cut from MFT to cut out a circle in the middle of my balloon and then attached the shape shaker from Jillibean Soup (comes with adhesive already!) to a pink A2 card base, after filling it with a variety of different colored sequins.

For my finishing touches, I adhered a scattering of sequins to the cared and stuck some sticker gems in the middle of some of them. Finally, I used Stardust Stickles from Ranger to cover the top of my cupcake to give it more of a gloss and sparkle.

Hope you enjoyed! I will be entering this into SSS Monday Challenge: Celebrate.
Happy Crafting.

theartofnails

Create from the heart. Never stop smiling. Craftaholics unite.

1 comment:

  1. This is such a great card! What a clever idea to make the balloon into a shaker element! And the adorable factor is off the charts with your little sheep! I love how you added such thoughtful details like the glitter to the cupcake and I like the bling that the sequins add, too. You did a banner job on this and I'm so glad you shared your talents with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading :) Feel free to ask any questions or send encouragement!