Sparkling Saturdays: Congrats



Welcome to another Sparkling Saturday! Recently, I attended a bridal shower for one of my friends and wanted to make a simple card but I couldn't help myself. I went a little sparkle crazy. To be fair, what better time is there than wedding celebrations to bring out the sparkles? Am I right? (I'll dial it down a bit for the actual wedding card since I know she appreciates simplicity).

For my focal panel, I die cut the largest rectangle from the small rectangles die set from Lawn Fawn. Next, I used the jewels from Essentials by Ellen Hello Gorgeous to stamp out a background using Versamark ink. Next, I embossed using Sticky Stuff from Judikins. Afterwards, I  put silver foil on top of the images, and ran it through my heated lamintor twice. Peeling off the foil after is extremely satisfying, and it looks so pretty!

I wanted to make this a shaker card, so I used a stitched circle die from MFT to die cut a circle from the top centre of my card. Next, I adhered some foam around the piece, added a mixture of sequins in (PPP and others), and stuck it down onto my premade purple A2 card front.

For my sentiment, I used Lawn Fawn Cole's ABC dies to cut out my letters from self adhesive silver glitter paper from Tim Holtz. I fussy cut out a diamond and colored it in using a silver glitter pen from Sakura to replace the letter 'O' in my sentiment. For my finishing touches, I added a strip of black paper to anchor my sentiment and give my card a bit more focus.

Hope you enjoyed! I'll be entering this into SSS Monday Challenge: Tic Tac Toe (sequin-gold-stamp)
Happy Crafting,

theartofnails

Create from the heart. Never stop smiling. Craftaholics unite.

2 comments:

  1. Great shaker card, love the stamps you have used, it all comes together perfectly.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading :) Feel free to ask any questions or send encouragement!