Messy Mondays: One Smart Cookie


Welcome to another Messy Monday! Today I am sharing with you a graduation card I made for some of my friends using only one mini stamp set. Let's get started! 


First, I used the graduation hat from Lawn Fawn Smart Cookie mini stamp set to stamp out my own background on a piece of white cardstock. Since I was making multiple cards, I used a whole 8" by 11" sheet to make my background and then die cut them into 4 separate panels using the largest rectangle from Lawn Fawn small stitched rectangle die set.

Next, I used some waterbased markers (Tombow Dual Brush Markers) to colored in my hats and used a gold pen to color in the tassels. I matted this panel with a black piece of cardstock to make it pop against the white A2 card base I used.

On top of my background image, I places a smaller sheet of vellum paper to soften the colors so my focal image and sentiment could been seen more clearly. I stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set and embossed it with Ranger gold embossing powder. For my focal image, I stamped the cookie and grad hat onto 110 lb cardstock and then used my copic markers to color them in. After they were colored, I fussy cut them out and adhered it on using foam squares. 

I hope you enjoyed this fun card using one mini stamp set! I can't wait to play more with this set.
Happy Crafting. 


theartofnails

Create from the heart. Never stop smiling. Craftaholics unite.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading :) Feel free to ask any questions or send encouragement!