Sparkling Saturdays: Gumball Birthday Shaker


Welcome to another Sparkling Saturday! Today I will be sharing with you a fun new product I recently bought to make a super easy shaker card. No foam tape, craft foam, or acetate paper is needed - it's an easy and non-messy alternative to other shaker cards. This product is from the Shape Shaker collection by Jillibean Soup and they make this process as simple as possible. They not only have the shape containers for the shaker portion, but also precut note cards, coordinating stamp and die sets, and packages sequins. Currently, the have 6 different shapes to choose from and for my card, I used the small circle shape shakers.

To start off my card, I used the largest rectangle from Lawn Fawn Small Stitched Rectangle set to die cut a piece of white cardstock. Although there are precut notecards that fit this shape shaker, I figured that I would have a circle die that would fit so not only could I save more money to buy coordinating stamp sets, but I would also be able to place my circle where I wanted it. The third smallest circle from MFT stitched circle die set fit perfectly, and I die cut it in the area where I wanted my gumball machine.

Now it's time to stamp my focal images! I bought two coordinating stamp sets for the small circle shapers, but you can totally use any stamp images you already own that have a circle shape. For this card, I used the Sweet Treat stamp set to stamp on my images and sentiment using Memento ink in Tuxedo Black, Ladybug, Lilac Posies, and Grape Jelly. I colored it in using some red Copic markers, and used my Copic liner to draw faces on the gumdrops and outline the gumball machine. Before I adhered the shape shaker, I used my mini blender to add some pink around the circle part.



For the shaker portion, I filled it up with different colored sequins and sea beads and then put the shape shaker through the die cut circle. The backs of these shake shakers come with adhesive so all you have to do is remove the liner carefully and stick you card base behind it. I chose a red polka dot card base for this card and I loved how it turned it!

To finish up this card, I adhered some matching colored sequins on the front and it was done. I found this product to be a great way to make some simple shaker cards. The only con is that it would be difficult to mail as it is quite bulky, but if you are planning to hand deliver this card, it would not be a problem.

Hope you enjoyed. This card is being entered in the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Happy Birthday.

Happy crafting.

theartofnails

Create from the heart. Never stop smiling. Craftaholics unite.

1 comment:

  1. this shaker is so so so so fun!!!! thank you for playing along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading :) Feel free to ask any questions or send encouragement!