Messy Mondays: Colored Squares


Welcome to another Messy Monday! I've been seen a lot of cards lately using square backgrounds, so I thought I'd give it a try today and make a thank you card.

First, I used my T-square rule to lightly trace out a 3 by 3 grid of squares, roughly around 1". Next, I used the cute jellyfish and starfish from Lawn Fawn So Jelly set to stamp on the images in each square, masking off where necessary. After, I went in and roughly colored the background of each square using my Spectrum Noir and Copic alcohol markers.

To put the card together,  I selectively used the scallop rectangle frame from Mama Elephant Index Card creative cut die to cut out my image. Next, I adhered the piece on a bit of fun foam to give it extra dimension. For my sentiment, I stamped a greeting from a Mama Elephant set and foam taped it in the middle.

To finish off my card (because I just can't seem to keep it simple), I loosely outlined my "square" to bring more focus to the middle. I adhered it onto a greyish blue premade A2 card base, and loosely drew lines around the perimeter as well. I decided to use my corner chomper to round the corners on the right side of the card and called it finished.

Hope you enjoyed!
Happy Crafting.

theartofnails

Create from the heart. Never stop smiling. Craftaholics unite.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading :) Feel free to ask any questions or send encouragement!