Messy Monday: Hello Gorgeous


Welcome to another Messy Monday! Today I will be sharing a card with you that uses acrylic paint and a fun background stamp. To get started, I cut out a piece of black cardstock paper that was a little less that 4.25" by 5.5". Next, I used Hero Arts/Basic Grey Highline Chalkboard Background stamp with Versarmark to stamp it onto the black piece. After it was stamped, I covered it with Hero Arts white embossing powder and heat set it.

Isn't the background so fun? I wanted a reverse kinda chalkboard look so that's why I decided to stamp and emboss it on a piece of black cardstock. That way the words would appear black on the "white" background. I find this technique stunning. After heat setting the whole piece, I used acrylic paint in pink to freehold brush on a paint blob on the bottom left corner.



For the sentiment, I used the Hello Gorgeous set by Essentials by Ellen (Julie Ebersole) to heat emboss it in white onto black. After, I used foam tape to adhere the greeting on. My card base was made out of white cardstock with a strip of pink cardstock accenting the right side. I added a piece of fun foam behind my background piece and then stuck on a couple of sticker gems to finish it off.

Hope you enjoyed!
Happy Crafting.

theartofnails

Create from the heart. Never stop smiling. Craftaholics unite.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading :) Feel free to ask any questions or send encouragement!