Messy Mondays: Perfect P(ear) Valentine


Welcome to another Messy Monday! I will be sharing a Valentines Day card with you today as it is only 2 weeks away. Here is a cute and punny card for all of you out there that love corny puns.

For this fun card, I decided to make an interactive card to add to the cuteness of this card. I followed this excellent tutorial here by Split Coast Stampers make a swing (flip-flop) card. The idea of this card is for the recipient to pull open the card to reveal a message hidden behind the image.

I tweaked and adjusted some of my measurements in order to use a scallop circle from Lawn Fawn Scalloped Circle stackables set for my image shape. I used kraft cardstock as my base, and layered different patterned papers on top of it for my background,  I also cut 2 smaller scallop circles for my focal panel and message.

For my image, I used a Recollections stamp set from Michaels, to stamp on 2 pears. I used a reverse stamping technique (leave a comment if you want more details!) so I could get a mirror image of the pear so they could face one another. I selectively inked my pear with 2 green shades of ink from Memento and then stamped them on. I used a copic liner to go over the image and added little faces in as well.  I decided to stamp on a couple of red mini hearts as well to give it a pop of color.
'
To finish off my card, I glued the other scallop circle to the back of the swing panel and wrote in my message. I added a greeting by cutting up a sentiment that said "we're the perfect blend", and formed the word 'pear' using an alphabet letter stamp set. I adhered this white strip onto a mint piece of cardstock that was fishtailed on both sides.

Hope you enjoyed this card! I'll be entering this into SSS Wednesday Challenge: Anything Goes.

Happy Crafting.

theartofnails

Create from the heart. Never stop smiling. Craftaholics unite.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading :) Feel free to ask any questions or send encouragement!