Messy Mondays: Have an upbeet (leap) day

Welcome to another Messy Monday! It's a special day since it's Feb 29 and we don't get those too often ;) Today I will be sharing a funny punny card with you that can be used for many occasions.

First, I reused an old circle mask I had from before to blend on some distress ink colors. On a separate piece of paper, I used Sugarplum from Lawn Fawn to stamp on some cute beets from Lawn Fawn's new Rooting for You set. I fussy cut these out and went around them using my V15 Copic marker, This set is definitely my favorite from their newest release!

Next, I curved my sentiment around the circle die to help shape it so I could stamp my punny sentiment on the bottom. I stamped the top of the beets directly onto the panel using Memento Cottage Ivy and Pear Tart.  I die cut my panel using the third largest frame from the Stitched Rectangle set.


To add some dimension and interest to my card base, I layered on a mint and lavendar cardstock behind my focal panel which I popped up using craft foam. To finish off my card, I adhered my beets using foam squares and added a sprinkling of Pretty Pink Posh Sparkling Clear sequins in both 4mm and 6mm.

Hope you enjoyed!
Happy Crafting.

theartofnails

Create from the heart. Never stop smiling. Craftaholics unite.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading :) Feel free to ask any questions or send encouragement!