Sparkling Saturdays: Batman Birthday


Welcome to another Sparkling Saturday. Today I will be sharing with you a simple and fun card I made using my printer and foil. It is another post in my unofficial no-stamp card series.

For this card, I started with Google to find a Batman image that I would like. Next, I opened up the image in an image editor app and played around with it until I liked the proportions. I also added a little bit more splatter around the image and also typed in a happy birthday using a Batman Forever font that I downloaded here.

Next, I put in a piece of black cardstock into my feeder of my toner printer and printed out my image. I cut this image down to 4.24" by 5.5" so it would fit the front of my A2 top folding black card base. While I was preparing this card, I had heated up my laminator (still on the fence about getting the Mini Minc!) so that it would be nice and warmed up when I was done.

Using Minc gold foil by Heidi Swapp, I put the shiny side up on my image and ran it through my laminator using a piece of printer paper as my folder. After the piece came out, it was time for the reveal (my favorite part!). I peeled off the gold foil and the image revealed was better than I had hoped. For a finishing touch I decided to run my tombow mono multi glue across the top and bottom of my image (I waited until it was tacky), and then rubbed my left over gold foil across it to give it a more distressed look.

After I adhered this to my card base, I put a piece of 4" by 5.25" white cardstock to line the inside of my card so I could write a message.

Hope you enjoyed~
Happy Crafting.

theartofnails

Create from the heart. Never stop smiling. Craftaholics unite.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading :) Feel free to ask any questions or send encouragement!