Sparkling Saturdays: Fuse Tool Birthday Shaker


Welcome to another Sparkling Saturday! I recently got a new craft tool to play with and I am addicted. The fuse tool by WRMK is so awesome and makes the cutest shaker cards, I don't know why I waited so long before caving in, but I am so glad I did!

For this birthday shaker, I started out by die cutting a small square from 110lb cardstock using Spellbinders Classic Squares set. Next, I used the Sentimental borders (the birthday one, of course!) to stamp a subtle pattern on the die cut panel. I used second generation stamping for this so it wouldn't distract from the main image.

For my main image, I Copic colored and fussy cut out the bunny and the cupcake from the Cupcake Carnival set from Mama Elephant. I love this set and definitely need to use it more! Cupcakes and cute animals, what could be better?

Now for the fun shaker portion! I used some clear page protectors and cut out a square that was slightly largely that my die cut piece. Next, I fused together 3 sides, creating a pocket. Inside the pocket, I put many different colored sequins and then fused the last side together. All you have to do now is adhere the pocket to the back of the die cut piece and you have yourself a cute and less bulky shaker card!

To finish off the card, I added a scattering of green sequins (Can you tell that the birthday girl's favorite color is green?) and stamped a sentiment from a Simon Says Stamp exclusive birthday greeting set. I added it to a white A2 side folding card base and this card is done!

Hope you enjoyed today's card! I had so much fun making this.
Happy Crafting.

theartofnails

Create from the heart. Never stop smiling. Craftaholics unite.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading :) Feel free to ask any questions or send encouragement!