Sparkling Saturdays: Christmas Card Series #7


Welcome to another post in my Christmas card series! What's Christmas without some fun shaker cards? Today I will be sharing with you a snowglobe shaker card that I made, so let's get started!

First, I used the largest rectangle from Large Stitched Rectangle set from Lawn Fawn to cut out my focal panel. Next, I used the Grand Snow Globe die set from Memory box to cut out my globe, and used deep red cardstock to die cut out the base.

Using a white A2 side folding card base, I used the focal panel to lightly trace the globe shape onto the base so I would know where to set my image. I stamped out the ice and the penguins (Artic Penguins by Mama Elephant) by doing a bit of masking and then left the masks on while I made the background. I used distress ink to blend a snowy background and used water to pick up some color. I wanted some shine onto this background so I added some splatters using Brushed Pewter distress spray. I colored the penguins using Copics and also added a mistletoe in between them. For my greeting, I used the trees and a sentiment from Lawn Fawn Snow Day stamp set.

To make my shaker, I traced out my globe onto a piece of white fun foam and cut it out. I adhered a piece of acetate behind my glove and then added the foam piece using some double sided adhesive. I filled the globe up with red, silver, and white glass beads and then adhered my card onto it carefully.

The card can now be shaken! What fun :) Thanks for dropping by. I hope you enjoyed. I will be entering this into Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Let it Snow.

Happy Crafting.

theartofnails

Create from the heart. Never stop smiling. Craftaholics unite.

1 comment:

  1. Adorable shaker card! Such a sweet image! Great design!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading :) Feel free to ask any questions or send encouragement!