Messy Mondays: Christmas Card Series #4


Hi all! Welcome to another Messy Monday. Today is day 4 of my Christmas card series. Today I will be sharing a quick and easy way to mass produce unique cards. My church and I made a bunch of similar ones last year and put them in clear envelopes with some packaged tea to hand out around our neighbourhood. You can make a bunch and gift them to people around your neighborhood and to those in need. A personalized thoughtful card always seems to brighten someone's day and then you can participate in week 4 of Share Handmade Kindness at Jennifer's blog which focuses on sharing with people you may not know very well or at all for this week.

To start this card, I cut out a 4" by 5.25" of Canson XL watercolor paper. Next, I used Versamark to stamp this gorgeous (now retired) Stampin' Up Christ is Born sentiment (seen here) onto the watercolor paper. I also used the little flurries stamps from the Arctic Penguins stamp set by Mama Elephant to fill in some of the space around the greeting. After the stamping was done, I used Ranger Liquid Platinum embossing powder to heat emboss all the images.

After all the embossing was done, I smushed some Tim Holtz Distress ink (Tumbled Glass, Salty Ocean, Chipped Sapphire) onto my craft mat, and used my waterbrush to watercolor the background. The embossing resists the watercolor, so you don't have to worry about painting over it. I adhered it onto a kraft colored A2 card base using strong adhesive and this card was done! Easy right? Each card is unique because watercoloring never seems to turn out the same ever, so not only is this card easy to make, but it'll be one of a kind as well!

Hope you enjoyed. This card is also entered in the SSS Wednesday Blog Challenge: Christmas.

Happy Crafting!

theartofnails

Create from the heart. Never stop smiling. Craftaholics unite.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading :) Feel free to ask any questions or send encouragement!