Sparkling Saturdays: Whoosh! Pow! Shine!


Welcome back to another Sparkling Saturday! Today's card is a stunner. When I say that, I mean it may literally blind you with its shine (hopefully not though!). As you can tell by the picture, the shine reflects off the wooden table. It's pretty crazy.

I started out with a piece of teal colored cardstock cut at 3.5" by 5". The buildings were layered and cut out using Cityscape dies by Mama Elephant to give more dimension to the card. Next, the sentiment was stamped on from Make a Wish stamp set from Mama Elephant so I could get a better placement of where to put my stars.

For my 'whoosh' of stars, I used a full adhesive sticky note to mask off a flowing line. I used Tsukineko Encore Ultimate Metallic Gold to stamp the stream of stars inside the Tiny Heroes set also by Mama Elephant. At the top of the stream of stars, I Copic colored and fussy cut out a superhero from the Tiny Heroes stamp set and foam taped him on. After that was done, single stars were used to fill up the remaining spaces (Make a Wish stamp set).

To put my card together, I adhered a black piece of cardstock behind my focal panel and then added it to a silver foiled card base. The card base is from when I bought a box of 60 foiled cards from Michaels when it was $7 because I could not resist. They are seriously so pretty for any occassion!

Hope you enjoyed the card and the shine! Happy Crafting.

theartofnails

Create from the heart. Never stop smiling. Craftaholics unite.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading :) Feel free to ask any questions or send encouragement!