Sparkling Saturdays: Shaker Party!


Welcome to another Sparkling Saturday! A friend recently requested I make a birthday card for her to send to her best friend overseas, so I wanted to make something that was cheerful and fun. She told me that her friend's favorite color was orange, so therefore I chose some colors that I thought would go well with orange.

I started out with a piece of white cardstock that I die cut using Mama Elephant Femme Frames. I also die cut a circle on the left side to turn it into a balloon. The adorable and cute animals from the Mama Elephant Carnival Cupcake set were then colored using Copics and Spectrum Noirs alcohol markers. Following, I stamped and colored a bunny from The Greeting Farm Lucky Bunnies stamp set and fussy cut it out. Using foam squares, I set it on the card and drew a string connecting the bunny's paw to the balloon.


The background wasn't looking quite festive enough, so I stamped some loose confetti all around the card using various inks. For my shaker portion, I put a piece of acetate behind the balloon and then I adhered a piece of fun foam to the back of this pane. After adding in some sequins (looking back, I should have added even more!) I popped it up onto a turquoise piece that I die cut using the same ME Femme Frame set. I adhered this onto an orange side folding A2 card base and it was finished!

PS: Since I didn't have orange sequins, I used an orange Sharpie to color in the PPP Sparkling Clear sequins!

I hope you enjoyed. I'm entering this into Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Anything Goes!

Happy Crafting.

theartofnails

Create from the heart. Never stop smiling. Craftaholics unite.

3 comments:

  1. Adorable shaker card! Such a sweet design!! Cute images!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is super delayed... but she loved it! Thanks so much for such a cute design and for your love and creativity. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is super delayed... but she loved it! Thanks so much for such a cute design and for your love and creativity. <3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading :) Feel free to ask any questions or send encouragement!