Sparkling Saturdays: 1 card design, 3 cards


Welcome to another Sparkling Saturday! Today I will be sharing with you 3 sparkly fall cards. There are lots of techniques I used in making this card and I'll try my best to share some tips along the way. Hope you enjoy!

Firstly, I used this gorgeous fall stamp set by Inkadinkado (Autumn Foliage) for the leaf image. I selectively inked the bottom half of the leaves using my Versamark ink so I could flip it sideways to make it into a branch. The image was pretty easy to selectively ink without masking, and any bits I didn't want stamped on, I used my finger to wipe off. Another tip that worked for me was to fill in little gaps by using my Versamarker. I heat set this image using sticky embossing powder by Judikins. This powder makes the image tacky and allows for foil/glitter to be adhered to it.

In this card, I used Martha Steward fine glitter in Peridot on top of my embossed leaves. Not going to lie, it was a bit messy, but using the backing of sticker sheets on top of the glitter and rubbing it down with my bone folder really helped the glitter to stick. I used a Swiffer duster to clean up stray glitter. An extra step I did to make sure the glitter did not rub off was to stamp over it again with Versamark but emboss it this time with clear embossing powder. This ensures the glitter is trapped in.

To finish this simple (looking) card, I used the congratulations stamp from the Sentimental Borders set by Mama elephant and repeatedly stamped it in the middle third of the card using Simon Says Stamp ink in Fossil. Since the leaf image was embossed, it resisted the ink so no masking was needed. A sentiment was stamped in black and then the panel was adhered with foam tape to an A4 card base.




For a more whimsical look to this card, I did two other variations. For this first variation, I used an acorn from Lawn Fawn. I colored it in using copics (E13, E15, E37) and fussy cut it out and adhered it on the branch using foam squares.


For another look, I stamped the superhero owl from Lawn Fawn and also colored it in using copics (E11, E13, E15, E33, E37, E39, BG 10, BG13). After I fussy cut it out (and went over the outside with a black marker for a more finished look!), I adhered it onto the branch using foam squares. I was so happy that the owl fit perfectly in the shape of the branch.

There you have it. 3 different cards for the same basic card design and hopefully some helpful tips along the way. Let me know if you have any questions in the comments below. Until then, thanks for reading this long post.

Happy Crafting.

theartofnails

Create from the heart. Never stop smiling. Craftaholics unite.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading :) Feel free to ask any questions or send encouragement!