Sparkling Saturdays: Congrats on Graduation


Welcome back to another Sparkling Saturday! If you're like me, sometimes (more often than I want, haha) I run out of time to make a card, and need to make a card in a hurry. So today I will be sharing a card that looks awesome, but was super simple to make.

I started out with a 3.75" by 5" piece of white cardstock as my base panel. I used Mama Elephant Sentimental borders (the special day one) and repeatedly stamped it onto my panel using Tsukineko Encore Ultimate Metallic Gold ink. Next, I layered this on top of a black piece of cardstock measuring 4" by 5.25". This was then adhered to an A4 white card base. All the layers give the perception of a more finished and sophisticated card, without having to spend a lot of time making it.

To finish up the card (and this is where another time saving tip comes in!) I used Recollections Dimensional Stickers, in both the graduation hat and the congrats saying, to add both an image and a sentiment to the centre of the card. Since these 3D stickers come premade with foam tape stuck on the back, all you have to do is remove the backing and stick them on.  These stickers are awesome and you can usually get these on sale. It not only adds quick, simple, and a shiny focal image/sentiment to the card, but it also adds another layer as these are popped up.

Wasn't that fast and simple? I hope you enjoyed. Enjoy the long weekend if you live in North America and happy crafting :)

theartofnails

Create from the heart. Never stop smiling. Craftaholics unite.