Sparkling Saturdays: Blueprints Happy Birthday


Welcome back to another Sparkling Saturday! It's been pretty rainy here in Vancouver, but spending more time indoors means more crafting! Today I will be sharing a special birthday card I made for a special friend.

To start off, I used Pretty Pink Posh Storybook 1 die (it's quickly becoming one of my favorite dies!) and die cut it 6 times. Using the outside frame, I layered each frame on top of another using Ranger multi matte medium (it has a precision tip on it). After I got some nice dimension, I took the insides of one of the frames to stamp on my images. I used the present, cupcake, and party hat stamp from Tim Holtz Blueprint 1 stamp set. The images were stamped using Memento Tuxedo Black ink as I wanted to color them in using my Spectrum Noir markers. As these images are quite small and detailed, I decided to use my Spectrum Noirs instead of my Copic markers. These images were colored in using PP3, PP5, IB2, IB3, OR1, and OR3.


After the images were colored, I cut a 4" by 5.25" piece of white cardstock and used SSS fog ink to make a background panel using the same set of stamps. It gave the card a nice background to lay upon without it being too busy. To adhere my colored stamp panels onto the background panel, I used the popped up frame to lightly draw in lines and adhered the stamp panels on. The popped up frame was glued on top after the panels were on.

To finish up this card, I adhered it to a premade A4 pink card base and added a sentiment using the Three Amigos set by Mama Elephant. A scattering of PPP sequins in Sparkling clear (4mm and 6mm) was the final touch on this card.

Hope you enjoyed! I will be entering this into the SSS Wednesday Challenge: Die Crazy.

Happy Crafting.

theartofnails

Create from the heart. Never stop smiling. Craftaholics unite.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading :) Feel free to ask any questions or send encouragement!