Messy Mondays: 24 Karat Friend


Welcome back to another Messy Monday! I hope you all had a nice weekend. Mine was filled with lots of rest, spending time with friends and family, and crafting. What was yours like?

I'm really excited to share this card with you today because the stamps are so gorgeous and it was so much fun to make! This stamp set by Essentials by Ellen (by Julie Ebersole) is aptly named Hello Gorgeous and contains so many fun sentiments and images to work with.

For this card, I started out with a piece of 4" by 3.25" of Canson XL watercolor paper. I used all the pretty jewel images in the set (6 different ones) to repeatedly stamp out a background using Versafine Onyx ink. I find that this ink gives the crispest and blackest images.  For the sentiment, I combined 2 of the greetings in the set and stamped it near the bottom left hand corner.

To color this piece, I used Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers in Pink (25), Light Pink (26), Blue (30), and Persian Blue (32). Some jewels were colored in using a Pentel waterbrush and some were colored in using my Wink of Stella Clean Glitter marker. To add some 'artsy' feel to the image, some paint splatters were added.


To make the base background panel, I used my MISTI to line up the stamp images that would extend outside the watercolor panel and stamped it onto a 4" by 5.25" piece of white cardstock. The MISTI tool made this so much easier and faster to do, although it would be possible to do without the MISTI as well.

After these images were stamped, I filled out the rest of the background using the same jewel stamps. I love layering my images as I feel that this gives it a more polished look so I layered the background panel onto a black piece of cardstock measuring 4 1/8" by 5 1/8".

To finish off the card, I applied a layer of glossy accents on top of my larger jewels and added a scattering of rhinestone stickers, in both silver and pink, to the watercolor panel. This panel was then stuck onto a smaller piece of foam and adhered to the background piece to give it more dimension on the card. Sticking everything down onto a bright pink A2 side folding card base finished off this fun card.

I hope you enjoyed this post! Happy Crafting.

This card will be entered into CTD #360  and Ellen Hutson Pin-Sights Challenge.

theartofnails

Create from the heart. Never stop smiling. Craftaholics unite.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading :) Feel free to ask any questions or send encouragement!