Messy Mondays: You are Unforgettable


Welcome back to another Messy Monday! If you follow me on instagram, you know how excited I was this weekend when I picked up some of the new release from Lawn Fawn. Today I will be sharing with you a non-Christmas card using one of the Christmas stamp sets. To get started, I used both the big and small rose die from Bold Blossoms Stand-Alone set from Essentials by Ellen and embossed them onto a piece of Canson XL watercolor paper. I ran them through a couple of times to achieve the background look I was going for. Next, I used my Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolor set to loosely paint color onto the roses. While I let the background dry, I stamped a cute sheep from Lawn Fawn Baaah Humbug set onto Strathmore bristol paper and used my light grey Zig Clean Color Real Brush marker to color it in. I love the way this marker moves on bristol paper. It blends BEAUTIFULLY.

Next, I fussy cut out the image, and went around it with my Memento Tuxedo Black marker to give it a nice finished look. For my greeting, I combined a couple of stamp sets together (Mama Elephant Ella & Friend; MFT Words of Inspiration) and used selective masking to get the phrase I wanted. I used Versamark ink to stamp this on a piece of black cardstock, and heat set it with SSS white embossing powder. To make the sheep look like it's holding the greeting, I used my X-Acto knife to cut underneath the paws (Are they called paws?) and slipped the greeting underneath.

To finish up this card, I used my Wink of Stella Clear Glitter pen to go over all the roses and used foam tape to adhere the greeting onto the card. I added a couple of Pretty Pink Posh Sparkling Clear sequins and it was done!

Thanks for dropping by and I hoped you enjoyed. Happy Crafting.

theartofnails

Create from the heart. Never stop smiling. Craftaholics unite.