Messy Mondays: Vellum Shaker (Wedding Edition)



Welcome to another Messy Monday! This weekend I attended another gorgeous wedding, and this card is one I made for the lovely couple. I first cut a piece of vellum 3.75" by 5" and used my powder tool to get rid of all static cling. Next, I used the flower and leaves from WPlus9 Pretty Peonies and Stampendous Bouquet for You to stamp on some peonies in Versamark ink. For my embossing powder, I wanted to try and mix some glitter into my powder and see if it would show up, but it was only noticeable in the light. I'm going to have to play around with it more until I like the results! I ended up used Ranger Silver embossing powder to heat set my images.


Next, I flipped my vellum panel over and used Copic markers to color in my images. This gives a softer look to the images so I recommend using bolder and darker colors. After all the coloring was done (using mostly RV and R markers for the peonies), I flipped it back over and stamped a sentiment using Hero Arts Best Wishes (CL360) and Ranger Liquid Platinum embossing powder.

I chose some sequins from Pretty Pink Posh to add to my shaker and then sewed the vellum panel to a piece of seafoam green cardstock that was slightly bigger. To finish off, I adhered to a light pink A4 card base and added a few sparkling clear and pink iridescent sequins to the front.

Sorry for the slightly weird lighting on my photos, my camera wasn't cooperating! Hope you still enjoyed and thanks for coming by.

Happy crafting!

theartofnails

Create from the heart. Never stop smiling. Craftaholics unite.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading :) Feel free to ask any questions or send encouragement!