Messy Mondays: Magical Birthday Selfie


Welcome back to another Messy Monday! This past weekend was my youngest sister's birthday. She loves taking selfies and instant cameras, so I decided to combine the both of them for this card! The idea was ignited through this post since it reminded me that it's been awhile since I've made a magic card. It took a while to figure out all the dimensions as it is not a normal A4 sized card but it worked out in the end.

I started out watercoloring a selfie stamp from the Photo Bomb Mama Elephant Stamp set using my Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers. Aren't those children the absolute cutest? I find this image so fun to color! I cut a piece of acetate the same size as my watercoloring piece and lined it up. Next, I stamped the exact same image onto the acetate using my MISTI to make sure I stamped it on clearly and accurately.


For my card base I chose some mint colored cardstock from Recollections, and used a piece of patterned paper with cute little cameras as my front layer. I also punched a hole and tied a ribbon to my magic window so it would be easier to pull up.


Tadaa! Isn't this cute? Look on my instagram to see a short video of this card in action! Doesn't this remind you of the instant pictures that you take with Polaroid cameras?


To finish this card off, I die cut a Polaroid frame from white cardstock to glue onto the inside of my card to write my message.

I hope this card made you as happy as it made me! Let me know if you want a tutorial or if you have any questions.

Thanks for stopping by! Happy Crafting!

theartofnails

Create from the heart. Never stop smiling. Craftaholics unite.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading :) Feel free to ask any questions or send encouragement!